EAS seeks an entry-level Staff Professional / Engineer with an emphasis and interest in geotechnical engineering. The position requires a commitment to personal and professional growth and development.
Coordination of field explorations, field logging of samples, performing engineering calculations/design and developmental assignments involving the application of standard techniques and procedures, preparation of basic reports, project management of small geotechnical drilling projects, development of project plans and specifications, and field testing of concrete, soil and asphalt on construction sites.
- BSCE required, Masters preferred (with geotechnical or construction materials emphasis).
- Entry level position requiring 0 years of civil/geotechnical engineering experience.
- Certification as an EIT/FE preferred (or capability to obtain Certification within 1 year of hire) with capability of obtaining professional licensure within 4-5 years of date of hire.
- Basic working knowledge of construction plans and specifications.
- Working knowledge of CAD software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs as needed.
- Strong team mentality required.
- To Be Considered
- Submit resume, cover letter, salary history and expectations for consideration. Recent graduates (within 2 years of graduation) must submit copies of all applicable University transcripts. Visa and relocation assistance not provided. No candidate or recruiter calls, personal calls, or walk-ins accepted.
- Successful candidate must pass a drug screening and meet the requirements of the company’s fleet management program. Please indicate your salary expectations when applying for this position. Failure to do so may disqualify you from consideration. Relocation not provided.